- B.Sc. Physics (Honours), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India (2002).
- M.Sc. Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (2004).
- Ph.D. Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty - UM-DAE Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS), (Oct, 2013 – ).
- Assistant Professor: Physics, K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Vidyanagar, Vidyavihar, Mumbai. (July, 2013 – Sep, 2013).
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Physics Department, IIT Bombay, India. (June, 2010 – June, 2013).
- Research Associate: Physics Department, IIT Bombay, India. (Jan, 2010 – June, 2010).
- Stochastic processes, Soft Condensed Matter Physics, and Biophysics:
1. Stochastic gene expression.
2. Molecular motors.
3. Collective cell migration.
- Tripti Bameta, Ranjith Padinhateeri and Mandar M Inamdar, “Force generation and step-size fluctuations in a dynein motor”, J. Stat. Mech. (2013) P02030.
- Tripti Bameta, Dipjyoti Das, Sumantra Sarkar, Dibyendu Das, and Mandar Inamdar, “Broad-tailed force distributions and velocity ordering in a heterogeneous membrane model for collective cell migration”, Europhys. Lett. 99, 18004 (2012).
- Tripti Tripathi, Gunter M. Schutz and D. Chowdhury , “RNA polymerase motors: dwell time distribution, velocity and dynamical phases”, J. Stat. Mech. (2009) P08018.
- Tripti Tripathi and D. Chowdhury, “Transcriptional bursts: a unified model of machines and mechanisms”, Europhys. Lett. 84, 68004 (2008).
- D. Chowdhury, A. Garai, P. Greulich, K. Nishinari, A. Schadschneider, Tripti Tripathi and J.S. Wang , “From CA to gene expression: machines and mechanisms” Proc. of the 8th international conference on Cellular Automata for Research and Industry (ACRI 2008), Yokohama, Japan, eds. H. Umeo, S. Morishita, K. Nishinari, T. Komatsuzaki and S. Bandini, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS 5191), 1 (Springer, 2008).
- D. Chowdhury, A. Basu, A. Garai, P. Greulich, K. Nishinari, A. Schadschneider and Tripti Tripathi, “Intra-cellular traffic: bio-molecular motors on filamentary tracks”, Euro. phys. J. B 64, 593 (Springer, 2008).
- Tripti Tripathi and D. Chowdhury, “Interacting RNA polymerase motors on DNA track: effects of traffic Congestion and intrinsic noise on RNA synthesis”, Phys. Rev. E 77, 011921 (2008).