PhD (Applied Mathematics), University of Mumbai (1994)
M.Sc. in Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (1985)
B.Sc.(Hons) Physics, Hindu College, University of Delhi (1983)
- Scientific Officer (H), Nuclear Physics Division, B.A.R.C., Mumbai
- Professor, Homi Bhabha National Institute, Department of Atomic Energy
- Adjunct Professor, UM-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, Kalina, Mumbai
- Visiting Professor, Feza Gursey Institute, Istanbul, Turkey (2008)
- Visiting Professor, Institut Henri Poincare, Paris, France (2007)
- Visiting Professor, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Utrecht, Netherlands (one year, 2006)
- Visiting Professor, Institute for Physical Science and Technology, University of Maryland, College Park. U.S.A. (2005)
- Postdoctoral fellow, Centre for Nonlinear Phenomena and Complex Systems, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium (two years, 1995-1996)
- Nonlinear dynamics and Quantum chaos
- Non-integrable dynamics and non-equilibrium statistical mechanics
- Semiclassical Physics
- Random matrix theory
- Exactly solvable models
- Nuclear theory – structure and reactions
- Non-Hermitian Hamiltonians in Quantum Physics, Eds Sudhir R. Jain and Z. Ahmed (Pramana-J. Phys. Vol. 73, Nos 2 & 3, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, 2009).
- Proceedings DAE Symposium in Nuclear Physics, Eds Sudhir R. Jain, P. Shukla, A. Chatterjee, V. M. Datar Vol. 57 (Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences, DAE, 2012).
- Proceedings International Symposium in Nuclear Physics, Eds Sudhir R. Jain, R. G. Thomas, V. M. Datar Vol. 58 (Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences, DAE, 2013).
- Mechanics, Waves, and Thermodynamics: an example-based approach, Sudhir R. Jain (Cambridge University Press, 2016).
Selected Papers in refereed journals
- Quantum Description of a Simple Pseudointegrable System: π/3-rhombus Billiard, D. Biswas and Sudhir R. Jain, Phys. Rev. A42, 3170 (1990).
- Dynamical Localization in the Fermi Accelerator, Sudhir R. Jain, M. Azam and S. V. Lawande, Europhys. Lett. 13, 593 (1990).
- Periodic orbits of an Almost Integrable System, Sudhir R. Jain and H.D. Parab, J. Phys. A25, 6669 (1992).
- Fractal-like Quasienergy Spectrum in the Fermi-Ulam Model, Sudhir R. Jain, Phys. Rev. Lett. 70, 3553 (1993).
- Rectangular billiard in the presence of a flux line, G. Date, Sudhir R. Jain, and M. V. N. Murthy, Phys. Rev. E51, 198 (1995).
- Almost integrable billiards -Review Article, Sudhir R. Jain and S. V. Lawande, Proc. Indian Natl. Sci. Acad. 61A, 275 (1995).
- Analytical tests of Gutzwiller trace formula for harmonic oscillator Potentials, M. Brack and Sudhir R. Jain, Phys. Rev. A51, 3462 (1995).
- Nonlinear dynamics of high-j cranking model : a semiclassical approach, Sudhir R. Jain, A. K. Jain, and Z. Ahmed, Phys. Lett. B370, 1 (1996).
- From random matrix theory to statistical mechanics - anyon gas, D. Alonso and Sudhir R. Jain, Phys. Lett. B387, 812 (1996).
- Adiabatic geometric phases and response functions, Sudhir R. Jain and A. K. Pati, Phys. Rev. Lett. 80, 650 (1998).
- Spacing distributions for rhombus billiards, B. Gremaud and Sudhir R. Jain, J. Phys. A (Letters) 31, 637 (1998).
- An exactly solvable many-body problem in one dimension and the short-range Dyson model, Sudhir R. Jain and A. Khare, Phys. Lett. A 262, 35 (1999).
- Off-diagonal long-range order in a one-dimensional many-body theory, G. Auberson, Sudhir R. Jain, and A. Khare, Phys. Lett. A 267, 293 (2000).
- Dissipation in finite Fermi systems, Sudhir R. Jain, Nucl. Phys. A 673, 423 (2000).
- A class of N-body problems with nearest and next-to-nearest neighbour interactions, G. Auberson, Sudhir R. Jain, and A. Khare, J. Phys. A 34, 695 (2001).
- An empirical approach to the theory of particle and nuclear phenomena : Review and some new ideas, Raja Ramanna and Sudhir R. Jain, Pramana-j. of physics 57, 263 (2001).
- Quantum modes built on chaotic motion - analytically exact results, Sudhir R. Jain, B. Gremaud, A. Khare, Phys. Rev. E 66, 016216 (2002).
- Quantum limit on computational time and speed, Arun K. Pati, Sudhir R. Jain, Abhas Mitra, Raja Ramanna, Phys. Lett. A 301, 125 (2002).
- Pseudo-unitary symmetry and Gaussian pseudo-unitary ensemble of random matrices, Z. Ahmed and Sudhir R. Jain, Phys. Rev. E (Rapid Commun.) 67, 045106 (2003).
- Number of quantal resonances, Zafar Ahmed and Sudhir R. Jain, J. Phys. A 37, 867 (2004).
- Time-delay plots of unflavoured baryons, Neelima G. Kelkar, M. Nowakowski, K. Khemchandani, Sudhir R. Jain, Nucl. Phys. A 730, 121 (2004).
- Semiclassical deuteron, Sudhir R. Jain, J. Phys. G 30, 157 (2004).
- Resonances and adiabatic invariance in classical and quantum scattering theory, Sudhir R. Jain, Phys. Lett. A 335, 87 (2005).
- Exact solution of the Schrödinger equation for a particle in a regular N-simplex, Sudhir R. Jain, Phys. Lett. A 372, 1978 (2008).
- Electric dipolarizability of 7Li, Sudhir R. Jain, A. K. Jain, and S. Kailas, Pramana – J. Phys. 71, 1271 (2008).
- Random cyclic matrices, Sudhir R. Jain and S. C. L. Srivastava, Phys. Rev. E 78, 036213 (2008).
- Dipole polarizability of 7Li from precision measurement of the elastic scattering on 208Pb below the Coulomb barrier, V. V. Parkar, V. Jha, B. J. Roy, S. Santra, K. Ramachandran, A. Shrivastava, A. Chatterjee, Sudhir R. Jain, A. K. Jain, S. Kailas, Phys. Rev. C (Rapid Commun.) 78, 021601 (2008).
- Ground state of an arbitrary triangle with a CSM potential, Sudhir R. Jain, Pramana - J. Phys. 72, 611 (2009).
- Origin of inertia in large amplitude motion in finite Fermi systems, Sudhir R. Jain, Pramana-J. Phys. 78, 225 (2012).
- Kac's ring: entropy and Poincare recurrence, C. Aravind and Sudhir R. Jain, Physica A 391, 3702 (2012).
- Nucleon-nucleon t-matrix effective interaction for (p,2p) reactions, A. K. Jain, B. N. Joshi, Sudhir R. Jain, J. Phys. G 374, 012009 (2012).
- Pseudo-Hermitian random matrix theory, (Invited review), S. C. L. Srivastava, Sudhir R. Jain, Fortchritte der Physik 61, 276 (2013).
- Record statistics in random vectors and quantum chaos, S. C. L. Srivastava, A. Lakshminarayan, Sudhir R. Jain, Europhys. Lett. 101, 10003 (2013).
- Nonlinear normal modes and quanta in the β-Fermi Pasta Ulam model, R. L. Sonone, Sudhir R. Jain, Eur. Phys. J. ST 222, 601 (2013).
- Nodal domains of an equilateral triangle billiard, R. Samajdar, Sudhir R. Jain, J. Phys A 47, 195101 (2014). Feature Article (cover)
- Crossing a nonlinear resonance, Sudhir R. Jain, Resonance 19, 797 (2014).
- Quantum states built on classical nonlinear resonances for slowly deforming billiards, Nandan Jha, Sudhir R. Jain, AIP Conf. Proc. 1619, 109 (2014).
- A nodal domain theorem for integrable billiards in two dimensions, Rhine Samajdar and Sudhir R. Jain, Ann. Phys. 351, 1 (2014).
- Finite time exponent for a random Ehrenfest gas, Sanjay Moudgalya, Sarthak Chandra, and Sudhir R. Jain, Ann. Phys. 361, 82 (2015).
- Semiclassical theory of melting of shell effects in nuclei with temperature, Harjeet Kaur and Sudhir R. Jain, J. Phys. G 42, 115103 (2015).
- Phase space trajectories and Lyapunov exponents in the dynamics of an alpha-helical protein lattice with intra- and inter-spine interactions, K. Anjelin Jeba, M. Latha, and Sudhir R. Jain, Chaos (in press, 2015).