- Ph. D. (Chemistry), Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- M. Sc. (Chemistry), University of Burdwan, West Bengal, India
- B. Sc. (Chemistry Honours), University of Burdwan, West Bengal, India
- Faculty, Scientific Officer, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai (1976-2013)
- Head, Theoretical Chemistry Section, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai (2005-2013)
- Dean-Academic (Chemical Sciences, BARC), Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai (2006-2013)
- Research Associate, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA (1984-1985)
- Theoretical Chemistry, Computational Molecular & Materials Science, Soft Condensed Matter Physics
- K. R. S. Chandrakumar and S. K. Ghosh, Nano Letters 8, 13-19 (2008). “Alkali-metal-induced enhancement of hydrogen adsorption in C60 fullerene: An ab Initio study”
- A. Samanta, and S.K. Ghosh, J. Phys. Chem. A 112, 752-757 (2008). “A unified one-dimensional energy diffusion approach to the multi-dimensional dynamical processes in condensed phase”
- A. Samanta, S. M. Ali and S. K. Ghosh, Physical Review Letters, 87, 245901/1-4 (2001). “Universal scaling laws of diffusion in a binary fluid mixture”
- S.M. Ali, A. Samanta and S.K. Ghosh, J. Chem. Phys. 114, 10419-10429 (2001), “Mode coupling theory of self and cross diffusivity in a binary fluid mixture: Application to Lennard-Jones systems”
- N. Choudhury and S.K. Ghosh, Phys. Rev. E 57, 1939-1945 (1998) "Modified weighted density functional approach to the crystal-melt interface".
- T.K. Ghanty and S.K. Ghosh, J. Amer Chem Soc 116, 3943-3948 (1994) "Spin-polarised generalisation of the concepts of electronegativity and hardness and the description of chemical binding"
- S.K. Ghosh, Chem. Phys. Lett. 172, 77-82 (1990) "Energy derivatives in density functional theory".
- S.K. Ghosh and A.K. Dhara, Phys. Rev. A 38, 1149-1158 (1988). "Density functional theory of many-electron systems subjected to time-dependent electric and magnetic fields"
Awards / Honours:
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, India, Allahabad
- Fellow, The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), Trieste, Italy
- Fellow, Maharashtra Academy of Sciences, Pune
- Awarded The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Prize in Chemistry
- Awarded Silver Medal of Chemical Research Society of India
- Awarded A.V. Rama Rao Prize of JNCASR, Bangalore
- Jagdish Shankar Memorial Lecture Award, INSA, New Delhi
- J.C. Bose Fellowship, DST, New Delhi