- Ph.D. in Protein crystallography, Rijksuniversite it Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands. (Dec 2002-2007).
- Masters in Physical chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India (March 2001).
- Bachelors in Chemistry Honors, Holkar Science College, Indore, India (March 1998).
- Visiting Assistant Professor- Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, Mumbai, India (May 2016 - )
- Visiting Scientist-II - Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, Mumbai, India (Apr 2013 - Apr 2016)
- Research Associate (RA-3) -Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences, Mumbai, India (Jan 2013 - Mar 2013)
- Visiting Scientist -Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Trombay, Mumbai, India. (Nov 2011- Dec 2012)
- Post-doc Scientist - University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland. (Apr 2011-Sep 2011)
- Post-doc Research Associate (PDRA) - University of Sheffie ld, Sheffie ld, United Kingdom. (Jan 2008- Dec 2010)
- Project Assistant - Center for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad, India. (May 2001-Oct 2002)
- Actin regulation; Mosquito Borne Diseases; ageing in peroxisomes; searching cure for depression; and structural insights of resolvases.
- My broad area of research includes Actin regulation, and Mosquito Borne Diseases.
- Khavnekar, S.; Dantu, S.C.; Sedelnikova, S.; Ayora, S.; Rafferty, J.; and Kale, A. “Structural insights into dynamics of RecU-HJ complex formation elucidates key role of NTR and stalk region towards formation of reactive state” Nucleic Acid Research (November 2016); DOI: 10.1093/nar/gkw1165.
- Chavan, R.; Colvin D.; Dahake, R.; Chowdhary, A.; Mukherjee, S.; Kale, A. “Differential proteomic analysis of respiratory samples from patients suffering from influenza” Virus Disease (July 2016); DOI: 10.1007/s13337-016-0332-x.
- Dantu, S.C.; Khavnekar, S.; Kale, A. “Conformational dynamics of Peb4 exhibit “mother’s arms” chain model: A molecular dynamics study” Journal of biomolecular Structure & Dynamics (July 2016) DOI: 10.1080/07391102.2016.1209131.
- Mothi, N.; Muthu, S.A.; Kale, A.; Ahmad, B. “Curcumin promotes fibril formation in F isomer of human serum albumin via amorphous aggregation” Biophysical Chemistry (August 2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.bpc.2015.08.002.
- Kale, A.; Hire, R., Hadapad, A.; D'souza, S.F.; Kumar, V. “Interaction between mosquito-larvicidal LysinibacillusSphaericus Binary toxin components: analysis of complex formation” Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (November 2013) DOI:10.1016/j.ibmb.2013.07.011.
- Gupta, G.D.; Kale, A.; Kumar, V. “Molecular evolution of translin superfamily proteins with in the genomes of eubacteria, archaea and eukaryotes” Journal of Molecular Evolution (December 2012) DOI:10.1007/s00239-012-9534-z. (Equal contribution; cover page article; cover page designed by me).
- Kale, A.;Suwarnchat, C.; Phansopa, C.; Craven, J.; Rafferty, J.B.; Kelly, D.J. “The virulencefactor PEB4 and the periplasmic protein Cj1289 are two structurally related SurA-likechaperones in the human pathogen Campylobacter jejuni” Journal of Biological Chemistry (June 2011) DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M111.220442.
- Kale, A.;Pijning, T.; Sonke, T.; Dijkstra, B.W.; Thunnissen, A.M.W.H. “Crystal Structure of the Leucine Aminopeptidase from Pseudomonas putida Reveals the Molecular Basis for its Enantio-selectivity and Broad Substrate Specificity” Journal of Molecular Biology (May 2010) DOI: 10.1016/j.jmb.2010.03.042.