- Ph.D in Genetics from Osmania University (2010)
- M.Sc in Genetics from Osmania University (2004)
- Assistant Professor at UM DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (Jan 2016 onwards)
- Visiting Scientist-1 at UM DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (April 2014- Jan 2016).
- Research Associate-II at UM DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (April 2012- April 2014).
- Research Associate at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay (Jan 2011- March 2012).
- Plant Metabolism, Stress Physiology, Molecular Biology and Metabolic Engineering.
- V.L. Sirisha, Mahuya Sinha, Kanak Gawade and Jacinta S. D'Souza. (2016). Potassium Chloride induces caspase independent programmed cell death in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Phycologia 55(4): 378-392.
- V.L. Sirisha, Kanak K. Gawade, Mahuya Sinha and Jacinta D’Souza. (2015). Programmed cell death is induced by hydrogen peroxide but not by excessive ionic stress of sodium chloride in the unicellular green algaa Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. European Journal of Phycology. DOI:10.1080/09670262.2015.1070437.
- Chaitanya Krishna, V.L. Sirisha and Jacinta S. D'Souza. (2015). Physiological relevance of programmed cell death in plants: With special emphasis on unicellular species - A Review. Algal Research 12: 126-133.
- V.L.Sirisha, Mahuya Sinha and Jacinta D’Souza. (2014). Menadione-induced caspase-dependent programmed cell death in the green chlorophyte Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Journal of Phycology. 50: 587–601.
- Amita Jain, Rashmi Ranade, Prem Pritam, Neelu Joshi, Sirisha Lakshmi Vavilala, Ankita Jain. (2014). A comparative study of antioxidant activity, total phenolic and flavonoid contents in different parts of Helicteres isora L. American Journal of Life Sciences. 2(5): 292-302.
- V.L.Sirisha, S.Prashant, D.Ranadheer Kumar, S. Pramod, N.Jalaja, P.Hima Kumari, P.Maheshwari Rao, S.Nageswar Rao, Preeti Mishra, S. Rao Karumanchi, B.M. Khan and P.B.Kavi Kishor. (2012). Cloning, characterization and impact of up and down regulating subabul Cinnamyl Alcohol Dehydrogenase (CAD) gene on plant growth and lignin profiles in transgenic tobacco. Plant Growth Regulation. 66:239–253.
- V.L.Sirisha, S.Prashant, D.Ranadheer, P.Ramprasad, N.M.Shaik, Manish Arha, S.K.Gupta, Sameer Srivastava, A.K.Yadav, P.S.Kulkarni, O.U.Abhilash, B.M.Khan, Shuban.K. Rawal and P.B.Kavi Kishor. (2008). Direct shoot organogenesis and plant regeneration from hypocotyls explants in selected genotypes of Leucaena leucocephala – A leguminous pulp wood tree. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. 7: 388-393.
- S.Prashant, M.Srilakshmi Sunita, V.L.Sirisha, V.Vijaya Bhaskar, A. Maruti Rao, M. Lakshmi Narasu, P.B.Kavi Kishor. (2011). Isolation of cinnamoyl CoA reductase and cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase gene promoters from Leucaena leucocephala, a leguminous tree species, and characterization of tissue-specific activity in transgenic tobacco. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture. 108: 3421-436.
- Sekhar N.P., Prashant S., Sirisha V.L., Kavi Kishor P.B. (2009). Phylogenetic analysis, homology modeling, molecular dynamics and structure based designing of new inhibitors against cinnamoyl alcohol dehydrogenase (CAD) cloned and sequenced from a leguminous tree subabul (Leucaena leucocephala). Online Journal of Bioinformatics. 11: 103-124.
- Nataraj Sekhar Pagadala, Manish Arha, P.S.Reddy, Ranadheer Kumar, V.L.Sirisha, S.Prashant, K.Janardhan Reddy, Basheer Khan, S.K.Rawal, P.B.Kavi Kishor. (2009). Phylogenetic analysis, homology modeling, molecular dynamics and docking studies of Caffeoyl-CoA-O-methyl transferase) CCoAMT 1 and 2) isoforms isolated from Subabul (Leucaena leucocephala). Journal of Molecular Modeling. 15: 203-221.
- N.Jalaja, V.L.Sirisha, S.Prashant, P.B.Kavi Kishor and Amita Jain. (2008). Sodium chloride and Thidiazuron enhanced somatic embryogenesis from Immature Inflorescence derived callus cultures of Pennisetum glaucum.L. (R.Br.)Breeding lines. Journal of Plant Biology. 35: 25-30.