Annabhau Sathe Bhavan and Prefabricated Structure Hostels
The Five-year Integrated M.Sc. Program being a residential course, all students are required to stay in the hostels of CBS - Annabhau Sathe Bhavan and Prefabricated Structure hostels. The hostels are situated in the University of Mumbai, Kalina campus.
Students are provided accommodation in the hostel at a nominal rent. The rooms in the hostels are spacious with good facilities. Students are provided with mess/canteen facility at a very modest rate. Hostel has common facilities such as a common internet room for accessing emails and for project work, a common television room and a common study area. Sports area for playing cricket, football, tennis, badminton, etc are available in the University campus. Equipment required for sports activities are provided to the students by CBS. The students are expected to be well-disciplined and they are required to adhere to the hostel rules as applicable from time to time.
Medical facilities at CBS:
- A medical advisor visits weekly to CBS for counseling the students, matters related to the health problems.
- Mandatory medical insurance scheme is introduced in CBS, under which students can avail of cashless medical facilities at empanelled Hospitals nearby.
- A yearly amount as medical insurance is collected along with fees.
The yearly fees structure at CBS are as follows:
|General/OBC/PD/J&K category||Reserved (SC/ST) category|
|Tuition fees||Rs. 3500.00||Rs. 150.00|
|Room Rent||Rs. 800.00*||Rs. 800.00*|
|Lab Fees||Rs. 3500.00||Rs. 1750.00|
|Annual Medical Insurance||Rs. 850.00||Rs. 850.00|
|Total||Rs. 8650.00||Rs. 3550.00|
*This amount is for eight months, August to November and January to April. There will be separate charge for the vacation period- December and May to July.
- Last date for payment of fees : 7th August
- Late fee of Rs.1,000/- has to be paid for payment made during 8th - 15th August.
- Late fee of Rs.2,000/- has to be paid for payment made during 16th – 23rd August.
Those who fail to pay the fees by the above date will be liable for disciplinary action including barring from appearing for the examinations.
Dr. Avinash Kale
Dr. Sinjan Choudhary
Mr. K.P. Balakrishnan